Saturday, August 27, 2016

Comfortably Doug

Serenity

That's what I've been feeling the past few days despite facing some adversity and seeing signs of upheaval and change ahead.  And I'm pretty happy with that.  Serenity is so much better than stress, worry and anxiety, which is likely how I would be feeling if I was the person I was just a few years ago.

I think it reflects the confidence I have in myself to sit back, take of stock of where I am, decide where I want to be, and put together a plan to get there.  Whether its making small changes to my current daily life or blowing things up completely.  I''m a highly capable person and have faced enough adversity (cancer) and have pulled off enough adventures (mountain climbing, traveling around the world) that I'm sure I can do pull off whatever I need to do to get to where I want to be.

Is my life perfect?  Are there things I see in other's lives that I think to myself, I would like to have?  Sure, I'm only human.  But it's not jealously.  I'm happy others are where they are.  And, really, there's nobody else's life I would want to have.

This journey is mine.  I own it.  And I'm the one who wants to see it through to its end.

(And yes, I've been listened to a bit of Pink Floyd (Pulse) of late)

No comments:

Post a Comment